''MY MORNING JACKET'' Wearable Fabric Sculptures


My Morning Jackets

Wearable Fabric Sculptures

`My Morning Jackets`  is series of autobiographical wearable artworks. Each of the six jackets represent a particular era that was ruled by a specific emotion/motion, whereby they became a second skin that functioned to withstand the real-life experiences of vulnerability and introversion. Each jacket is both a trace back to its original atmosphere of feeling as well as the objectivity that results from traveling through distances of time. 
Made from used, upcycled and found materials, these are the `everyday jackets` we all wear, second skins that reflect the ways we repeatedly gather, shed, create and re-create our own lives. 














I wore these Jackets even before they have existed. Every one of them! 

Some for a long time, some long enough for a butterfly!

 

My arms! My long, talented arms reach, collect and craft.  They enveloped me when there was no one around. They padded on my back or hugged me when I need it. My arms made my jackets for me! Whom I need more in my solidarity when I have my long, loving arms with me.

 

It is so much vulnerable, revealing what made you this sensitive in the first place. It takes immense courage to open even greater to carry on and get to the finish line. If you happen to have a habitual tendency, you know how impossible to find that reason not to quit, not to go back. And if you hang there long enough, you get to taste how beautiful and satisfying it is to complete a project that you have input your energy for ten years. It is discharging as well as it`s healing. This one here so big that I had to face my episodes that created my personal development. And made actual jackets out of them! The more it got explicit, the more it became healing.

 

I chose to reshape the dough by accepting the quality but not giving up on creativity.

That is me!!



Becoming an artist / University 

 

Mixed Media, including synthetic fur, wool, cotton yarns and silk.

132x50x30

 

When one first dives into the universe of art, the knowledge has received is so profound that it does not match or ingrain your comprehension. There is a high possibility that causes you to mix or use whatever you learnt yet to digest data in eccentric styles. When you start creating, the new data and your old habitual understanding are on a free flow. Chances for your art pieces are from disheveled to hyperbolic.

This piece is an example of that becoming process. It is kitsch you do without knowing it. Until you deepen your material and your tools in this universe, you blind fall onto things either serve you or not.



 




Love

 

Mixed media, including lace and cotton yarns.

140x55x42

 

This jacket is a love letter to my first love. It had worn for a brief period were almost left no marks on the skin but deep lines in memory. I only really fell in love once. I knew this feeling; it felt new, something never experienced before; I did not know that would never happen again!

It transformed me tremendously, where I got into another realm. It swallowed me in wholly and tended my wounds, mended my tears. It opened every little hidden piece to be seen, heard, and acknowledged. 

His love made me who I am by learning what I am, but it was all commended.

 







Mourning

 

Mix Media, including lace, woven fabric.

160x60x30

 

 A shadow followed me around for a decade. It made me pull out every memory of him, every moment of our history from dusty shelves and question them, analysis them repeatedly. The guilt that came with it grappled upon me. It sucked the life slowly out of me. The joy, happiness, and gratitude have lost them all—nothing left for love to flourish. 

I lived in this everlasting loop for a decade, and every time I thought I got over it, it would hit me with something that I had forgotten around the corner, and I would get rolled back in the same hallow. I was never right. I never did well.

Its friendly mien became familiar with mine that now, it was part of my love. 

I could not love you anymore, so I continue loving your grief.











The Battle in Istanbul 

 

Mixed media, including beads, embroidery, cotton yarns and buttons.

125x55x33

 

The best camouflage was to cover yourself with flowers and roses, but do not forget you are still a warrior, which this is still an armor. 

This jacket had created itself from blood, sweat and tears and became completed when it was time to take it off. 

The war zone was a workplace, and this never-ending battle had taken place in every direction possible with everyone from top to bottom in the hierarchy. 

It lasted for three and a half years, every day. 

Every day, the fight had gone on and on. It took me that long to realize I was alone on the battlefield; I was the only one who fought for the right, for good, for the beauty.

I gave up!

It was bigger than I could ever change, so I did not want to spend my years trying to change something, so many people continue making it worse. 

I was defeated.














Melbourne / Waitressing

 

Mixed media including  buttons, tulle, and original apron apron pieces.

170x45x30

 

I was 100% ok with being a waitress before I came. 

How much longer it could go on or how bad it could be anyway?

I knew what to expect already as I tasted a little bit of it when I was at university, working for extra money. 

Then boom!!..

The situation was different because it was a profession here. Little that I know, to survive these jobs, you must give up on your personality. I understood that very hurting reality after a year in hospitality. I got treated like a servant more than a waitress. I got asked many personal questions, advised, or commented on every aspect of my life deprecatingly. It squeezed me in a particular shape.

In return.

``Sisshh, you cannot say that to the customer!!!``

``No, no. You cannot wear that or put on that!!``

``Keep it, professional!!``

``We are here to give customers our best service!!``

I was getting sunk; I was disappearing.

I became an excellent waitress outside, but I miss myself every day!

It thought me a lot about how to judge a character but poisoned my own.

Here was my chosen home, not the destined one. I followed my dreams to this far, far country, expecting more to be. I luggage pockets full of plans and ideas to carry with me, waiting to be told and finding a body.

Waitressing could not cover nor kill my reality!

























Bloom. 

 

Mixed media, including tulle, lace, imitated beads, punch, and diamonds.

150x45x35

 

This is my becoming!!

 

Bloom represents my last episode of becoming jacketless and turning to my original skin.

It is blooming with all possibilities and revealing herself to the world during the most vulnerable and beautiful state. She becomes her own greatest strength to be what or who she is without fear or whatnot. 

As much as she is fragile, she is aware of circler endlessness. The power of being who you are is the most invaluable gift in this circle where you get to experience what you are. 

































 























Comments